1. Nutrition- During cancer care, it's important to maintain a healthy weight by eating enough calories, fats, and nutrients.
Learn more about Nutrition and Lung Cancer
2. Spiritual Wellbeing- For beliefs about the meaning of life and spirituality may be defined as an individual's sense of peace, purpose, and connection to others. Spiritual Coping- It is a way many patients with cancer rely on spirituality and practices to help them cope with their disease. Depending on cultural and religious traditions, each person may have distinct spiritual needs.
Learn more about the role, spirituality might play in improving the health of cancer patients, and what interventions could be considered to alleviate patients' spiritual concerns.
3. Psychological Wellbeing- The perception of illness associated with cancer treatment is exacerbated by a mental health diagnosis received during treatment. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety are commonly associated psychological conditions.
Learn more about the mindfulness Apps that may bring better results through changes in your habits and lifestyle.
4. Art therapy as Healing- Assists patients and their families in increasing self-awareness, coping with symptoms, and adapting to stressful and traumatic events. Many studies have shown that art therapy has major benefits, including a decrease in anxiety, depression, and exhaustion that can follow a cancer diagnosis.
Learn more about healing through Art Therapy.
5. Personal reflection- Many survivors struggle with questions of why they had cancer and why they survived when others have not. As they try to make sense of their experience and find new meaning in life some survivors may find themselves re-examining long-held views or beliefs.
Learn more about the questions and reflections other survivors have shared
6. Meditation Podcasts- Trying to get relaxed and fall asleep we’ve all tossed and turned at some point.
Learn more about science related to sleeping and find tools that can help get to sleep
7. Healthy LIfestyle- During and after lung cancer treatment healthy living can improve your quality of life. Which can help minimize some cancer treatment side effects including nausea, vomiting, stress, depression, and anxiety.
Click here for healthy Lifestyle Habits
Click to learn more on how to stay active during Lung Cancer Treatment
Click here to get direction on Physical activity during and after Lung Cancer Treatment