How do I prepare for an Electrical Cardioversion Procedure?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Mon, 2 Oct, 2023 at 4:56 AM
- Take medications as instructed with a small sip of water in the morning of the procedure.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply any lotion, cream, deodorant, or perfume after the shower.
- On the day of your procedure, please report to the hospital's main lobby reception desk and ask for directions to the Patient Access Center.
- Please bring your insurance card(s), photo ID, and/or driver’s license, and an overnight bag.
- Plan to be discharged the morning after your procedure. You must have someone drive you home
- For your safety, we ask that you comply with the following food intake instructions. Failure to do so may result in the rescheduling of your procedure. Do not eat anything after midnight prior to your procedure. You may drink any of the following liquids up to 2 hours prior to your arrival time:
- Gatorade, Gatorade Zero, Powerade, Powerade Zero
- Fruit juices without pulp
- Carbonated beverages
- Consumption of Black Coffee or Clear Tea without milk or creamer; sugar/sweetener is permitted
Credits- Valley Health System