- Remove the dressing the day after the procedure. If you are admitted overnight, the Electrophysiology team will remove the dressing in the morning.
- After the operation, do not shower or get the incision wet for 72 hours.
- Do not move anything heavier than 10 pounds or raise your arm beyond the level of your shoulder until after your wound check appointment.
- You won't be permitted to drive until 7-10 days after the operation, when you come in for a wound check in our office.
- 7-10 days after your procedure, you should schedule a follow-up appointment. Please call our office at 201-432-7837 if you have not gotten a call regarding this appointment.
- For information about remote monitoring, refer to the pamphlet provided to you in your discharge packet titled Device Remote Monitoring
- Call our office at 201-432-7837 and ask to speak with a nurse immediately if you feel:
Dizzy, lightheaded, or feel like you may faint
Increasing pain, discomfort, swelling, or redness at the procedure site
Bright red blood at the incision site
Any drainage from the incision.
Or have a fever.
Reference : Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs). (2021, August 27). Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/implantable-cardioverter-defibrillators/about/pac-20384692