- If a gauze dressing is in place, please remove the dressing today. If you are admitted overnight, the Electrophysiology team will remove the dressing in the morning.
- If present, leave the Steri-strips in place. DO NOT remove the clear surgical glue that seals your wound- allow it to peel off on its own.
- After the operation, do not shower or get the incision wet for 72 hours.
- Do not move anything heavier than 10 pounds or raise your arm beyond the level of your shoulder until after your wound check appointment.
- Do not drive for 72 hours after the procedure.
- You have an appointment for a wound check-in 7-10 days. Please make note of the appointment date and time given to you in your discharge paperwork.
- For information about remote monitoring, refer to the pamphlet provided to you in your discharge packet titled Device Remote Monitoring.
- Call our office at 201-432-7837 and ask to speak with a nurse immediately if you feel:
Dizzy, lightheaded, or feel like you may faint
Increasing pain, discomfort, swelling, or redness at the procedure site
Bright red blood at the incision site
Any drainage from the incision.
Or have a fever.
Reference : Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs). (2021, August 27). Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/implantable-cardioverter-defibrillators/about/pac-20384692