Q- How to prepare for a Generator change procedure?
- Take medications as instructed with a small sip of water on the morning of the procedure.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply any lotion, creams, deodorants, or perfumes after the shower.
- On the day of your procedure, please report to the hospital's main lobby reception desk and ask for directions to the Patient Access Center.
- Please bring your insurance card(s), COVID Vaccination card, and photo ID or driver’s license. Visitor must present COVID Vaccination Card as well.
- You will be able to go home the same day. Make sure that you have someone to drive you home.
- For your safety, we ask that you comply with the following food intake instructions. Failure to do so may result in the rescheduling of your procedure. Do not eat anything after midnight prior to your procedure. We encourage you to drink any of the following liquids up until 2 hours prior to your procedure time:
- Gatorade, Gatorade Zero, Powerade, Powerade Zero
- Fruit juices without pulp
- Carbonated beverages
- Consumption of Black Coffee or Clear Tea without milk or creamer; sugar/sweetener is permitted
Reference: Credits- Valley Health System.