Q- What to expect during the recovery after a pacemaker battery change procedure?
After your procedure, you will have a gauze dressing over the incision on your chest. You may experience some redness, bruising, or slight pain at the incision site, which is normal.
- Remove the dressing the day after the procedure. If there are steri-strips leave them in place.
- Do not shower, or get the incision wet for 72 hours after the procedure.
- Do not raise your arm above the level of your shoulder or lift anything heavier than 5 pounds until after your wound check appointment.
- You will not be able to drive until after your wound check appointment in our office 7-10 days after the procedure.
- For information about remote monitoring, refer to the pamphlet provided to you in your discharge packet titled Device Remote Monitoring.
- Call our office at 201-432-7837 immediately if:
- You are dizzy or light-headed, or you feel like you may faint.
- You have increasing pain or discomfort at the procedure site.
- Bright red blood at the incision site.
- You have signs of a possible infection, such as fever, increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness or any drainage from the incision.