What to expect during your recovery after a generator change?
- Remove the dressing the day after the procedure. If you are admitted overnight, then the dressing will be removed by the Electrophysiology team in the morning
- Do not shower or get the incision wet for 72 hours after the procedure
- Do not raise your arm above the level of your shoulder or lift anything heavier than 10 pounds until after your wound check appointment
- Your physician will inform you when you are able to drive again, typically after 72 hours
- Your follow-up appointment should be scheduled 7-10 days after your procedure. If you have not received a call in reference to this appointment, please call our office at 201-432-7837
- For information about remote monitoring, refer to the pamphlet provided to you in your discharge packet titled Device Remote Monitoring
- Call our office at 201-432-7837 and ask to speak with a nurse immediately if:
⁃ You are dizzy, lightheaded, or you feel like you may faint
⁃ You have increasing pain, discomfort, swelling, or redness at the procedure site
⁃ Bright red blood at the incision site
⁃ Any drainage from the incision.
Credits- Valley Health System.