What to expect during your recovery after a generator change?
- If a gauze dressing is in place, please remove the dressing today. If you are admitted overnight, the Electrophysiology team will remove the dressing in the morning.
- If present, leave the steri-strips in place. DO NOT remove the clear surgical glue that seals your wound- allow it to peel off on its own.
- Do not shower or get the incision wet for 72 hours after the procedure.
- Do not raise your arm above the level of your shoulder or lift anything heavier than 10 pounds until after your wound check appointment.
- Do not drive for 72 hours after the procedure.
- You have an appointment for a wound check in 7-10 days. Please make a note of the appointment date and time given to you in your discharge paperwork.
- For information about remote monitoring, refer to the pamphlet provided to you in your discharge packet titled Device Remote Monitoring.
- Call our office at 201-432-7837 and ask to speak with a nurse immediately if:
⁃ You are dizzy, lightheaded, or you feel like you may faint
⁃ You have increasing pain, discomfort, swelling, or redness at the procedure site
⁃ Bright red blood at the incision site
⁃ Any drainage from the incision.
Credits- Valley Health System.