Q- How to prepare for your Tikosyn (Dofetilide) admission?
- Please bring your insurance card(s), and a photo ID or driver’s license and an overnight bag (i.e., robe, slippers, toothbrush).
- Plan to stay in the hospital for three nights.
- You will receive a total of six doses while in the hospital.
- The 1st dose of Tikosyn is given at 8 PM on the day of admission. An EKG is done two hours after each dose.
- The last 6th dose is given on the 4th day at 8 AM. An EKG is done at 10 AM.
- Cardioversion is done if you have not converted to a normal sinus rhythm. This is usually done on the morning of discharge. If this occurs, you are not able to drive for 24 hours. Please let the hospital staff know upon arrival if you plan on driving home.
- You are able to have clear liquids up to 2 hours prior to your arrival time (apple juice, water, broth, jello).
- Please follow the medication instructions given to you by our office.
- If you have missed a dose of your blood thinner (Eliquis, Pradaxa, Savaysa, and/or Xarelto) within the last 21 days, please contact our office at 201-432-7837 and ask to speak to a nurse.
- If you are taking Warfarin (Coumadin), please make sure to have your INR checked and contact our office with the result.