Recovery after Leadless Pacemaker Implant
- After the implant of a Leadless pacemaker, you may experience some redness, bruising, or tenderness at the insertion site, which is normal.
- You will have an insertion site on one or both sides of your groin. The dressing will be removed by our electrophysiology team the day after the procedure.
- You may shower 24 hours after the procedure.
- You will need a ride home the day after the procedure.
- You will not be able to drive for 3 days after the procedure.
- Do not lift anything heavier than 5 pounds, for the first 48 hours after the procedure, or until the groin insertion sites are no longer tender.
- Do not swim, sit in a hot tub, exercise, or do sit-ups for at least one week.
- For information about remote monitoring, refer to the pamphlet provided to you in your discharge packet titled Device Remote Monitoring.
- If you notice increasing swelling, firmness, bleeding, numbness, or tingling in either leg or experience extreme discomfort, please call our office at 201-432-7837.