- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, the night before your procedure.
- Take medications as instructed with a small sip of water the morning of the procedure.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply any lotion, creams, deodorants, or perfumes after the shower.
- On the day of your procedure, please report to the hospital main lobby reception desk and ask for directions to the Patient Access Center.
- Please bring your insurance card(s), photo ID or drivers license and an overnight bag. Plan to be discharged the morning after your procedure. You must have someone drive you home
- The leadless pacemaker, which is about the size of a vitamin capsule, is placed inside the heart via a vein in the leg, so there will be no incision or bump under the skin, as in a conventional pacemaker placement.
- You will have an insertion site on one or both sides of your groin. The dressing will be removed by our electrophysiology team the day after the procedure.
- After the procedure, you may experience some redness, bruising, or tenderness at the insertion site, which is normal.
How do I prepare for a Leadless Pacemaker Procedure? Print
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Mon, 14 Sep, 2020 at 9:59 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.