- On the day of your procedure, please report to the hospital's main lobby reception desk and ask for directions to the Patient Access Center.
- You will receive a local anesthetic for this procedure and will not be sedated, so you may drive yourself to and from the appointment if you choose to do so.
- Take all medications as scheduled, unless otherwise instructed.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply any lotion, cream, deodorant, or perfume after the shower.
- After the procedure, you may experience some redness, bruising, or slight pain at the incision site.
- Remove the dressing the day after the procedure. If there are steri-strips, leave them in place.
- You may take a shower 48 hours after your procedure.
- If you notice any signs of infection, including pus, swelling, warm to the touch, or experience extreme discomfort, please call our office at 201-432-7837.
Credits-Valley Health System.