- On the day of your procedure, please report to the hospital main lobby reception desk and ask for directions to the Patient Access Center.
- Please bring your insurance card(s), and photo ID or driver’s license.
- You will receive a local anesthetic for this procedure, and will not be sedated, so you may drive yourself to and from the appointment if you choose to do so.
- You may eat a light meal prior to this procedure.
- Take all medications as scheduled, unless otherwise instructed.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply any lotion, creams, deodorants, or perfumes after the shower.
- After the procedure, you may experience some redness, bruising, or slight pain at the incision site.
- Remove the dressing the day after the procedure. If there are steri-strips leave them in place.
- Do not shower, or get the incision wet for 48 hours after the procedure.
- If you notice any signs of infection including pus, swelling, warm to touch or experience extreme discomfort, please call our office at 201-432-7837.
How do I prepare for an implantable loop recorder procedure? Print
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Fri, 19 Jun, 2020 at 6:06 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.