- Make sure you carry an ID card that states that you have a pacemaker inserted.
- When passing through airport security scanners, let the screeners know you have a pacemaker.
- You may have to refrain from undergoing a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) (unless you have a specially designed pacemaker)
- It is not safe to visit areas with large magnetic fields such as power generation sites and industrial sites such as automobile junkyards that use large magnets.
- If you are having an operation, tell the surgeon that you have a pacemaker well in advance of the procedure. Electrocautery used to control bleeding from arteries during surgical procedures may interfere with pacemaker function
Credits- Valley Health System.