How do I prepare for an ICD?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Tue, 5 Oct, 2021 at 2:24 AM
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, the night before your procedure
- Take medications as instructed with a small sip of water the morning of the procedure
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply any lotion, creams, deodorants or perfumes after the shower
- On the day of your procedure, please report to the hospital main lobby reception desk and ask for directions to the Patient Access Center
- Please bring your insurance card(s), photo ID or drivers license and an overnight bag
- Plan to be discharged the morning after your procedure. You must have someone drive you home
Reference : Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/007370.htm
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.