How do I prepare for an EP study?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Mon, 17 Feb, 2020 at 6:06 AM
- Make sure you follow the instructions of your healthcare team to prepare for this procedure.
- Inform your healthcare provider about all the medicines, vitamins, supplements that you are taking.
- Your healthcare provider may ask you to stop certain medications a few days before the procedure.
- Your healthcare provider may request blood tests such as clotting time and also a few other blood tests.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you are pregnant.
- Do not eat any solid foods after midnight before the procedure.
- You can take the prescribed medicine with sips of water.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you have any implanted heart devices such as a pacemaker or implanted cardioverter defibrillator.
- Bring a picture ID card.
- Bring someone to drive you back home as you might be under the effect of anesthesia and pain medicine.
- Be prepared to stay overnight if it is required.
- Leave your valuables like jewelry at home.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply lotions, perfumes, deodorants or nail polish after the shower.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself.