- Please remove the dressing after 24 hours of the procedure. If present, leave the Steri-strips in place. Do not shower or get the incision wet 72 hours after the procedure. Please do not take baths or submerge in water for 1 week.
- Your healthcare team may ask you to limit your activities until your wound heals. Do not raise your arm above the level of your shoulder or lift anything heavier than 10 pounds until after your wound check appointment
- You will not be able to drive until after your wound check appointment in our office 7-10 days after the procedure
- Your follow-up appointment should be scheduled 7-10 days after your procedure.
- Speak with a nurse or your care team immediately if you feel: a) Dizzy, lightheaded, or you feel like you may faint.
b) Increasing pain, discomfort, swelling, or redness at the procedure site.
c) Bright red blood at the incision site.
d) Any drainage from the incision.
e) Or have a fever.
What happens after lead extraction? Print
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Tue, 28 Feb, 2023 at 8:41 AM