How do I prepare for a lead extraction procedure?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Tue, 18 Feb, 2020 at 9:43 AM
- Follow the instructions of your healthcare team to prepare for this procedure.
- Stop eating or drinking before midnight of your procedure.
- Inform your healthcare provider of all the medicines, vitamins, supplements that you are taking.
- Your healthcare provider may ask you to stop certain medications a few days before the procedure.
- Your healthcare provider might ask for tests like an ECG, echocardiography, venogram and blood tests before the procedure.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you are pregnant.
- Do not eat solid foods after midnight. If your procedure is scheduled for the afternoon, you may eat a light breakfast consistent with a clear liquid diet, including apple or white grape juice, clear broth, coffee or tea (Without milk or cream), and water.
- Bring a picture ID card.
- Bring someone to drive you back home as you might be under the effect of anesthesia and pain medicine.
- You may be required to stay overnight in the hospital after the procedure.
- Leave your valuables like jewelry at home.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply lotions, perfumes, deodorants or nail polish after the shower.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.