How do I prepare for watchman implantation?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Tue, 18 Feb, 2020 at 4:06 AM
- Follow the instructions of your healthcare team to prepare for this procedure.
- Stop eating or drinking before midnight of your procedure.
- Inform your health care provider of all the medicines, vitamins, supplements that you are taking.
- Your healthcare provider may ask you to stop certain medications few days before the procedure.
- Your healthcare provider might ask for tests like an ECG before the procedure.
- Do not eat solid foods after midnight. If your procedure is scheduled for the afternoon, you may eat a light breakfast consistent with a clear liquid diet, including apple juice, white grape juice, clear broth, coffee or tea (Without milk or cream), and water.
- Bring a picture ID card.
- Bring someone to drive you back home as you might be under the effect of anesthesia and pain medicine.
- In most cases, you will stay overnight in the hospital after the procedure.
- Leave your valuables like jewelry at home.
- You may be asked to remove eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures or any similar items for the procedure.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply lotions, perfumes, deodorants or nail polish after the shower.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.