- Watchman procedure is minimally invasive.
- The Watchman technique is normally performed under general anaesthesia and takes about an hour.
- Your healthcare provider will perform a trans-esophageal echocardiogram (TEE) at the beginning of the procedure to ensure there are no blood clots in your heart.
- Your healthcare provider will make a small cut in your upper leg and insert a narrow tube-like a standard stent procedure.
- Then your healthcare provider guides watchman to the Left atrial appendage (LAA).
Watch this video to learn how the watchman is implanted