How does an implantable loop recorder work?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Wed, 26 Feb, 2020 at 5:44 AM
- If an abnormal heartbeat is detected, the monitor will start recording on its own. Alternatively, you may be able to use a handheld device to start the monitor when you are having symptoms.
- Your health care provider will explain which type of monitor you have and what you need to do.
- The device records your heart's electrical impulses and transmits them to your doctor automatically through wireless technology.
- You may need to keep a symptom diary while you have the monitor.
- The doctor will receive the transmissions from your loop recorder and contact you if there are any abnormalities.
- Continue to follow your doctors to follow up instructions.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.