How does an implantable loop recorder work?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Wed, 6 Oct, 2021 at 8:25 AM
- If an abnormal heartbeat is detected, the monitor will start recording on its own. Alternatively, you may be able to use a handheld device to start the monitor when you are having symptoms.
- Your health care provider will explain which type of monitor you have and what you need to do.
- The device records your heart's electrical impulses and transmits them to your doctor automatically through wireless technology.
- While you have the monitor, you may need to keep a symptom record.
- If there are any abnormalities in the transmissions from your loop recorder, the doctor will contact you.
- Continue to follow your doctors to follow up instructions.
Reference: Loop Recorder Implantation. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/loop-recorder-implantation