- Medicine may be given to you to help you relax.
- A local anesthetic will be given on the skin in the area of implantation to numb it.
- Your doctor will make a small incision in your skin. This is usually done in the left upper chest.
- A small pocket is created under your skin. He or she will place the loop recorder in this pocket.
- The device is about the size of a flat AA battery.
- Your incision will be closed with sutures. A bandage will be put over the area.
Reference: Loop Recorder Implantation. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/loop-recorder-implantation