- For your safety, we ask that you comply with the following food intake instructions. Failure to do so may result in the rescheduling of your procedure. Do not eat anything after midnight prior to your procedure. We encourage you to drink any of the following liquids up until 2 hours prior to your procedure time:
- Gatorade, Gatorade Zero, Powerade, Powerade Zero
- Fruit juices without pulp
- Carbonated beverages
- Consumption of Black Coffee or Clear Tea without milk or creamer; sugar/sweetener is permitted
Bed Side monitor- MYCARELINK RELAY™ HOME COMMUNICATOR
If you prefer the bedside monitor, it will be provided upon discharge from the hospital and you will need to set it up once at home
Q- What is MYCARELINK RELAY™ HOME COMMUNICATOR?
MyCareLink Relay ™ (MCL Relay) is referred to as a Home Communicator. Home- Designed for bedside use. Communicator - Similar to MyCareLink Heart ™, the MCL Relay Home Communicator is a pass-through for heart device data.
Q- How should be the components of MYCARELINK RELAY™ HOME COMMUNICATOR?
- Ambient Light Sensor: Will turn off user interface lights when the area around it is dark. When ambient light is brighter, the monitor automatically shines light again. Audio is muted when lights are off.
- Light Ring- shows activity:
- Solid green – on and working properly,
- Green and spinning – doing something, working,
- Amber/red with additional status icons to indicate the error state.
- Short Press (<1 sec) Status icons display if MCL Relay is connected via Wi-Fi or cellular network
- Long press (>2 sec) -Initiates manual transmission
- Progress Bar: Used during transmission. Five lights illuminate as transmission progresses through to completion.
Q- How can we use of MYCARELINK RELAY™ HOME COMMUNICATOR?
- Powering Up- The light ring spins while the system starts up (when connected to power). The patient needs to stay near the communicator to ensure it can connect to the heart device. This can take up to 15 minutes. A tone plays upon completion and the light ring will be solid green.
- System Working When the light ring is solid green, no action is needed.
Note: The light sensor turns off the lights on the communicator when the room is dark. The communicator is still working.
Watch the below video on "the key features of the MyCareLink Relay Home Communicator".
To know more about MYCARELINK RELAYTM HOME COMMUNICATOR click here
Smart phone for monitoring- MYCARELINK HEART™ APP
Q- What is MyCareLink Heart™ Application?
The MyCareLink Heart™ App is used to automatically transfer data between your heart device and the Medtronic CareLink™ Network. Your doctor uses the data to monitor your heart device. The app runs on your smartphone or a tablet and uses Bluetooth® wireless technology and a connection to the Internet to transfer your data.
Watch the video for " How to Download and Set Up the MyCareLink Heart™ Mobile App"
To know more about the setup instructions please click here
To download the MyCareLink app please click on the link-
- Android- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.medtronic.crhf.mclh&hl=en_US
- Apple- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mycarelink-smart-us/id988957178
- Medtronic. (n.d.). Medical Technology, Services, and Solutions Global Leader. Retrieved from https://global.medtronic.com/xg-en/index.html
- Medtronic. (n.d.). MyCareLink Relay Home Communicator - Remote Monitoring. Retrieved from https://www.medtronic.com/us-en/patients/treatments-therapies/remote-monitoring/available-monitors/mycarelink-relay-home-communicator.html