- An implantable loop recorder can help answer questions about your heart that are not answered by other heart monitoring devices such as an ECG or Holter monitor.
- An ECG or standard Holter monitor collects information only for the duration of the test. Because some heart rhythm abnormalities occur infrequently, they can be missed.
- An implantable loop recorder can monitor your heart impulses for a long time it will record your heart's function or abnormalities during an event.
- Your doctor can make a specific diagnosis and prepare a treatment plan by using the information collected through a loop recorder.
- Long-term cardiac monitoring using an implantable loop recorder revealed heart rhythm problems that caused stroke better than 24-hour Holter monitor. Doctors have used the results to help prevent certain strokes when administering blood-thinning drugs.
Please watch this video to learn more about the benefits of an implantable loop recorder: