- If you are discharged home on the same day of the procedure, please complete bedrest for the first 12-24 hours after procedure.
- Activity as tolerated after 24 hours.
- Do not drive for 48 hours after discharge.
- Do not lift more than 10 lbs. for 2 days.
- No vigorous activity, strenuous lifting/pushing/pulling for 2 days.
- You may shower 24 hours after the procedure. Avoid tub baths, swimming, or soaking in a hot tub for one week. You may remove the dressings after your shower.
- You may have some bruising or tenderness around catheter site incisions, which is normal. Please report to our office if you develop severe pain, swelling, redness, bleeding, drainage.
- Call your doctor’s office at (812)242-3175 in the following instances:
- If you notice change in color, temperature, or sensation of legs.
- If you experience fever, chills, difficulty swallowing, vomiting blood, unexplained weakness, or any other neurological symptoms in the 30 days after the procedure.
9. Please go to the ER if you experience chest pain or difficulty breathing.
Pain Control After Surgery Guide:
|How much pain am I feeling?||What medication should I use to feel better?|
“Adult Pain Management.” ACS, www.facs.org/for-patients/safe-pain-management/adult-pain-management.