The Workforce Connections Program in Nevada is an initiative to bridge the gap between job seekers and employers by providing extensive workforce development services. The program is designed to improve the employability of individuals, grow the economy, and meet the changing labor market demands within the state, according to the Nevada Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation (DOETR). This program aims to help job-seekers find employment and employers by finding qualified employees.
The Workforce Connections Program will provide you with complementary resources to assist you in your job search. To seek employment opportunities and resources, click here.
The Workforce Connections Program offers assistance in 17 areas of need:
1. WIOA Title I Operator, Adult & Dislocated Worker and Youth
2. WIOA Title II Adult Education and Family Literacy
3. WIOA Title III Wagner Peyser Employment Services
4. WIOA Title IV Vocational Rehabilitation
5. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
6. Post-Secondary Career and Technical Education (CTE)
7. Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
8. Native American Programs
9. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Employment and Training
10. Job Corps
11. Local Veterans Employment Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veterans Outreach Program (DVOP)
12. National Farmworker Jobs Program (NFJP)
13. Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
14. Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
15. Unemployment Insurance (UI) Programs
16. YouthBuild (Chicanos Por La Causa)
17. Second Chance Act
Click here to access resources to assist you with your job search, or any of the above areas.