Tobacco Treatment: Supporting Your Patients Who Smoke | Resource List
The items below are all available via our Clinician Page, our NYC Quits page and our Coping with Nicotine Withdrawal page in multiple languages.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) are available for print order via 311. Patient-facing materials are available in multiple languages.
From NRT toolkit reviewed in presentation, available on our Nicotine Withdrawal page in multiple languages
- Be Free with NRT video
- 15-minute video that highlights the benefits of NRT regardless of readiness to quit
- Can be used as a brief staff training or shared with patients who smoke (including in group setting)
- What is Your Relationship with Tobacco Quiz?*
- How to Use Tobacco Treatment Medications Pocket Guide*
- How Can I Get Tobacco Treatment Medications? Insurance Guide*
Other treatment-oriented resources, available on our NYC Quits page in multiple languages
- Visit the New York State Smokers' Quitline, or call 866-NY-QUITS (866-697-8487), to apply for a free starter kit of nicotine medications and to talk to a quit coach.
- If your preferred language is Chinese (800-838-8917), Korean (800-556-5564) or Vietnamese (800-778-8440), call or visit the Asian Smokers’ Quitline.
- Find local treatment programs:
- Booklet: Still Smoking? The time to quit is now*
- Brochure: Quit to Save*
For Providers (in addition to above)
- Smoking Cessation Medication Prescribing Chart
- What is Your Relationship with Tobacco Quiz? Guidance for Providers
- Accompanies Quiz for patients listed above
- Help Your Patients Quit Smoking Coaching Guide
- Exploring Myths and Facts About Tobacco Use
- New York State Tobacco Counselling Information and Billing Codes
Additional Reading and Resources
- Tobacco Addiction | NEJM
- Other relevant NYC Health Department webpages
Sign up to receive tobacco-related updates and resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org