Lung cancer may be one of the worst affected by COVID-19's many overlapping symptoms. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on people's lives, especially lung cancer patients.
Here are some tips to help you and your family stay safe and happy.
Q- What can I do to reduce my risk of getting or spreading COVID-19?
It is difficult to overestimate the worth of practice. Stay as much as possible inside your home and avoid any non-essential meetings where you may be in close contact with others. You will reduce the chances of contracting COVID - 19 and spreading it to others by limiting the number of people with whom you come into touch. If you're having some symptoms, it's especially important to keep your distance from others.
If you need to leave the house for important medical appointments, etc.
- Please keep a 6 feet distance between yourself and other people.
- Use disposable tissue to cover the coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty hands.
Q- How do I practice social distancing while undergoing lung cancer treatment?
Your doctor will determine the best and most secure way to provide your care while keeping you safe from COVID-19. If you need to change how or when you receive your current treatment, please talk to your doctor (s)
Q- I have lung cancer, do I need to be tested for COVID-19?
Talk to your healthcare provider or care team about your level of risk, taking into account your diagnosis, treatment, and the level of transmission in your area.
Q-What are some of the most common symptoms of COVID-19?
Common symptoms include
- difficulty breathing,
- body aches,
- loss of smell or taste, and more.
NOTE: You need medical attention if you are feeling sick, please call your doctor right away. Your doctor will determine whether or not testing is appropriate for you.
Q- Is it safe to continue my treatments/medical appointments?
You can consult your doctor if you have any doubts or concerns. The following are some questions to ask your doctor:
- If I get COVID-19, how would it affect me as a lung cancer patient or survivor?
- What do I do if I've been exposed to COVID-19 or am experiencing symptoms as a result of it?
- How can I keep taking my medication while may my COVID-19 exposure?
- What other tips do you have for remaining safe at home?
- What supplies do I need at home to maintain my health?
For more " Frequently asked COVID 19 questions for people with Lung Cancer" can found here
References- What is the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19)? What can I do to reduce my risk of getting or spreading COVID-19? (n.d.). Retrieved January 14, 2021, from http://participate.lcrf.org/site/DocServer/COVID19-info-2020.07.pdf