Q- How to prepare for a pacemaker battery change procedure?
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, the night before your procedure.
- Take medications as instructed with a small sip of water in the morning of the procedure.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply any lotion, creams, deodorants, or perfumes after the shower.
- On the day of your procedure, please report to the hospital main lobby reception desk and ask for directions to the Patient Access Center.
- Please bring your insurance card(s), and photo ID or driver’s license.
- You will be able to go home the same day. Make sure that you have someone to drive you home.