Clinical trials are research studies that help in determining whether new treatments are safe and effective, or better than existing treatments. In lung cancer, clinical trials have helped doctors discover targeted treatments, as well as helping to define how best to combine chemotherapy and radiation.
Q- Why should I join a Clinical Trial?
Standard treatments are not always perfect, one must be willing to face the added uncertainty of a clinical trial in the hope of a better result. Insurance coverage and the costs of clinical trials differ by location and by the study. And most of the expenses from participating in the clinical trial are reimbursed.
Benefits of Joining a Clinical Trial:
Clinical Trails might be on new drugs or new combinations of drugs, new surgical procedures or devices, or new ways to use existing treatments. Please refer to the below links for the ongoing Clinical Trails
- Checklist to participate in a clinical trial- About Clinical Trials. (n.d.). Www.Lung.Org. Retrieved November 5, 2020, from https://www.lung.org/research/clinical-trials
- Lung Cancer Clinical Trials - Mayo Clinic Research. (n.d.). Www.Mayo.Edu. Retrieved November 5, 2020, from https://www.mayo.edu/research/clinical-trials/diseases-conditions/lung-cancer
- . (n.d.). App.Emergingmed.Com. Retrieved November 5, 2020, from https://app.emergingmed.com/lcctaala/home
- Find clinical trials. (n.d.). Mayo Clinic. Retrieved November 5, 2020, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/departments-centers/lung-cancer-program/sections/clinical-trials/rsc-20474883
- Lung Cancer Clinical Trials & Research | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. (n.d.). Www.Mskcc.Org. Retrieved November 5, 2020, from https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/types/lung/clinical-trials
- Clinical Trials Search Results - National Cancer Institute. (2016, June 23). Www.Cancer.Gov. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/search/r?loc=0&rl=1&t=C4878
Please watch the below video on" Surviving with Metastatic Lung Cancer Thanks to Research"
Reference- 1. Disease Dynamic Trial Listing Page. (2017, June 13). National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/disease/non-small-cell-lung/treatment
2. Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell - About Clinical Trials. (2012, June 25). Cancer.net. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/lung-cancer-non-small-cell/about-clinical-trials
3. Lung Cancer 101 | Lungcancer.org. (n.d.). Www.lungcancer.org. Retrieved January 28, 2021, from https://www.lungcancer.org/find_information/publications/163-lung_cancer_101/272-clinical_trials