CMS has expanded the current Accelerated and Advance Payment Program to a broader group of Medicare Part A providers and Part B suppliers.
1. Have billed Medicare for claims within 180 days immediately prior to the date of signature on the provider’s/supplier’s request form,2. Not be in bankruptcy,
3. Not be under active medical review or program integrity investigation, and
4. Not have any outstanding delinquent Medicare over payments.
|The repayment timeline is broken out by provider type below:|
● Inpatient acute care hospitals, children’s hospitals, certain cancer hospitals, and Critical Access Hospitals(CAH) have up to one year from the date the accelerated payment was made to repay the balance.
● All other Part A providers and Part B suppliers will have 210 days from the date of the accelerated or advance payment was made to repay the balance.
Please click on the below links to know more-
- https://assets.ama-assn.org/sub/advocacy-update/2020-08-14.html- Dated August 2020
- https://www.cms.gov/files/document/Accelerated-and-Advanced-Payments-Fact-Sheet.pdf Dated- April 2020