- Women are advised to attend less routine antenatal care visits or you can also have teleconsultation with your doctor as it is advised for you to stay at home unless it's an emergency for you to come to the hospital. Please opt for teleconsultation whenever possible.
- For women who have had symptoms, appointments can be deferred until 7 days after the start of symptoms, unless symptoms (aside from persistent cough) become severe. Fetal Kick count to be maintained.
- If needed to visit the health center, she should take own transport or call 108, informing the ambulance staff about her status and also inform the health center about her visit in advance so that they can also be prepared.
- For women who are self-quarantined because someone in their household has possible symptoms of COVID-19, appointments should be deferred for 14 days or telemedicine visits can be done with the doctor.
- If any woman who has a routine appointment delayed for more than 3 weeks will be contacted. (In rural areas ANMs/ASHAs will contact by telephone/ routine household visits with PPE).
- Even if a woman has previously tested negative for COVID-19, if she presents with symptoms again, COVID-19 should be suspected ad she will screen for COVID-19.
- Referral to antenatal ultrasound services for fetal growth surveillance is recommended after 14 days following the resolution of acute illness.
- If you are having symptoms or active disease, antenatal ultrasound services for fetal growth surveillance is recommended after 14 days or after the resolution of the active disease.