Government of India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Guidelines for domestic travel (air/train/inter-state bus travel) - 24.05.2020
- Dos and Don'ts shall be provided along with tickets to the travelers by the agencies concerned.
- All passengers shall be advised to download the Arogya Setu app on their mobile devices.
- Suitable announcement about COVID-19 including precautionary measures to be followed shall be made at airports/railway station/bus terminals and in flights/trains/buses.
- The States/UTs shall ensure that all passengers shall undergo thermal screening at the point of departure and only asymptomatic passengers are allowed to board the flight/train/bus.
- During boarding and travel, all passengers shall use face covers/mask. They will also follow hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and maintain environmental hygiene.
- At airports/railway stations/ bus terminals required measures to ensure social distancing shall be taken.
- Airports/railway stations/bus terminals should be regularly sanitized/disinfected and availability of soaps and sanitizers shall be ensured. Thermal screening at the exit point shall be arranged.
- Asymptomatic passengers will be permitted to go with the advice that they shall self-monitor their health for 14 days. In case, they develop any symptoms, they shall inform the district surveillance officer or the state/national call center (1075).
- Those found symptomatic will be isolated and taken to the nearest health facility. They will be assessed for clinical severity at the health facility.
- Those having moderate or severe symptoms will be admitted to dedicated COVID Health facilities and managed accordingly.
- Those having mild symptoms will be given the option of home isolation or isolated in the COVID Care Centre (both public & private facilities) as appropriate and tested as per ICMR protocol available at https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Revisedtestingguidelines.pdf. If positive, they will continue in COVID Care Centre and will be managed as per clinical protocol. If negative, the passenger may be allowed to go home, isolate himself/herself, and self-monitor his/her health for a further 7 days. In case, any symptoms develop they shall inform the district surveillance officer or the state/national call center (1075). NOTE: States can also develop their own protocol with regards to quarantine and isolation as per their assessment.
- Click here for revised guidelines