What i need to do when i am recovering from COVID-19?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Mon, 6 Jul, 2020 at 7:08 AM
- The four pillars of health which can optimize your immune system and help you recover faster from COVID-19 are:
- Sleep- at least 7 hours of sleep a night keeps you healthy
- Eat healthy- eat fruits and vegetables
- Exercise and mindfulness- Daily doing exercise and mental well being makes you feel healthy
- Avoid bad habits- avoid smoking and alcohol as it makes you more susceptible to the disease
- Smokers are likely to be more vulnerable to COVID-19 as the act of smoking means that fingers (and possibly contaminated cigarettes) are in contact with lips which increases the possibility of transmission of virus from hand to mouth. Smokers may also already have lung disease or reduced lung capacity which would greatly increase risk of serious illness.
- Smoking products such as water pipes often involve the sharing of mouth pieces and hoses, which could facilitate the transmission of COVID-19 in communal and social settings.
Conditions that increase oxygen needs or reduce the ability of the body to use it properly will put patients at higher risk of serious lung conditions such as pneumonia.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.