- Breathlessness impacts your quality of life.
- Abdominal breathing helps us to get enough air into the deepest part of our lungs to take the deepest breath possible.
- If you are sitting place your hands on your lap and turning your palms up and if you are standing turn your palms out breathe in through your nose using a diaphragm and exhaling through our mouth through pursed lips.
- This deep breathing should be done 2-3 times per day.
- There are many examples of temporary shortness of breath that are not worrisome. For example, if you feel very anxious, it's common to get short of breath and then it goes away when you calm down.
- If you are continuously having shortness of breath seek medical care immediately and go to the nearest hospital.
What can I do if I have mild shortness of breath? Print
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Mon, 3 Aug, 2020 at 5:39 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.