If you are sick, you can prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your home and community if you:
- Isolate yourself at home if you have symptoms.
- Restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
- Do not go to work or public areas until extremely necessary. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis until necessary.
- Stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, use a separate bathroom if available.
- Avoid contact with your pet, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food.
- If you have a medical appointment, call the healthcare provider and tell them that you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the healthcare provider's office take steps to keep other people from getting infected or exposed.
- Wear a mask and cover your coughs and sneezes.