- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with the suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
- Disposable face masks are not effectively protected against airborne viruses or bacteria. However, they can contribute towards reducing the risk of spreading the virus via droplets from sneezing or coughing.