- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or with soap and water.
- Maintain a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) between yourself and anyone who is coughing and sneezing as they can spay small liquid droplets from their mouth or nose which may contain the virus.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with your hands as hands touch many surfaces and if contaminated may transfer the virus to your eyes, nose, and mouth and then the virus can enter your body.
- Practice respiratory hygiene and that means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing contact your health care provider early.