- The initial approach mainly focuses on
- identifying the suspected cases
- Immediate quarantine
- Initiation of infection control measures
- COVID- 19 infections should be suspected in anyone with a fever, upper respiratory tract symptoms and a history of following
- Have recently traveled to (in the past 14 days) or a resident of countries( China, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Iran) where transmission is reported.
- Have recently(in the past 14 days) come in contact with a patient suspected or confirmed with COVID-19 infection.
- Any patient with severe lower respiratory tract infection and other causes are ruled out even with no evidence of exposure to COVID-19.
Please find the attachments of WHO document that provides guidance to the Member States on implementation of global surveillance of COVID-19