- During the procedure, you will be given medication in your vein to relax, a local anesthetic spray into your mouth and you are asked to lie to the left side.
- A tiny tube is introduced into your food pipe through your mouth to reach the stomach.
- The Overstitch procedure is carried out without an external incision.
- It uses a minimally invasive method to insert stitches in the outer curve of your stomach and creating multiple folds to decrease the stomach size.
- These folds extend till the junction of the stomach with the food pipe.
- In a similar way, stitches are placed along the inner curvature of the stomach to create a sleeve.
- This reduces the stomach size and helps you attain satiety soon after consuming a small meal, thus helps you lose weight by decreasing the total amount of food intake.
Reference-Learn more about OverStitch at Texas Digestive Disease Consultants. (n.d.). Texas Digestive Disease Consultants. Retrieved May 17, 2021, from https://tddctx.com/procedures/overstitch/#:~:text=OverStitch%E2%84%A2%20is%20a%20minimally