How to prepare for the Overstitch Procedure?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Thu, 24 Jun, 2021 at 8:00 AM
- You must stop consumption of all solid food 12 hours before and liquids 6 hours before the procedure.
- Please inform your doctor about all the medications you are taking and any allergies you may have. Medications may include blood thinners or antiplatelet agents and/or if you have diabetes and insulin it may have to be adjusted.
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any pacemaker or implanted electromedical devices, major heart or lung condition, past history of stomach or bowel surgery.
- Make sure you take the prescribed drugs on the day of the procedure with a sip of water after discussion with your physician.
On the day of the Procedure
- Make sure you know where your procedure will be performed and you have directions to the facility available with you prior to the procedure.
- Please arrive in advance of your scheduled procedure time to allow time to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Please bring a photo ID.
- Please bring a current insurance card, if applicable.
- Please bring an escort, over the age of 18, who will pick you up after your procedure.
- If for any reason you need to cancel your procedure, please call your doctor at the number provided to you. You must call at least 48 hours in advance to allow other patients to be scheduled for procedures.
Reference- Learn more about OverStitch at Texas Digestive Disease Consultants. (n.d.). Texas Digestive Disease Consultants. Retrieved May 17, 2021, from https://tddctx.com/procedures/overstitch/#:~:text=OverStitch%E2%84%A2%20is%20a%20minimally
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.