What Happens After Capsule Endoscopy?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Wed, 23 Jun, 2021 at 6:33 AM
- You will be able to go home on the same day as the procedure and can go to work on the same day as well
- You can drive after the procedure
- Unless your doctor instructs you otherwise, you should be able to drink clear liquids in two hours and eat a light meal in four hours after taking the capsule
- During the study, you must refrain from engaging in strenuous physical activity such as running or jumping.
- The results of most tests will be available to you within a week of the procedure; however, the results of certain tests can take longer
- Capsule endoscopy is complete after 8 hours or if you see a capsule in the toilet after a bowel movement.
- You will have to go to your doctor to return the patches and recorder after your capsule endoscopy procedure is over.
- If you don't see a capsule in the toilet within 2 weeks contact your doctor and your doctor might ask for an X-ray to find out if the capsule is still present in your body.
Patient Information. (n.d.). Default. https://www.asge.org/home/for-patients/patient-information/understanding-capsule-endoscopy