Please watch this video to learn how to prepare for the procedure
- On the morning of the procedure, the child should not eat or drink anything, as this may interfere with the sleep medicine provided before the test.
- Just sips of water or Pedialyte can be given up to four hours prior to your arrival at the hospital.
Specific instructions for feeding children under one year of age:
- Eight hours before you arrive in the hospital, no food, milk, formula or juice containing pulp.
- Breast milk may be given up to 4 hours before arrival at the hospital.
- Until two hours prior to the time you are to arrive at the hospital, the child can be offered Clear liquids (water, apple juice, Pedialyte).