Please watch this video to learn what happens after the procedure
- After the procedure, your doctor may show pictures taken during colonoscopy to you and your family and share his observations.
- Additional information if tissue samples are taken will be available in a week.
- Once the child is moved to the recovery room, the family is invited to stay with the child.
- Once the child is awake and drinking well, he/she can start eating and go home.
- A few kids feel sick after the test and maybe watched a little longer until they feel better.
- Babies can start breast milk or any drinking formula as they are awake.
- It is normal to take frequent naps after anesthesia.
- Some children may experience nausea and vomiting due to anesthesia, which is normal.