Preparing for the Barrx Procedure
- From midnight the day before the procedure until after the procedure, you won't be able to eat or drink anything.
- On the day of your procedure, you might be given intravenous medication to help you relax. It's important to arrange for someone to take you home, as, after the procedure, you will not be able to drive back home.
- Wear your glasses instead of your contact lenses if you wear them. Contact lenses should not be worn during the procedure as they may hurt your eyes.
- Applying lotion or cream to your chest or arms is not a good idea. This can prevent the EKG electrodes from properly adhering to your body.
On the day of Barrx Procedure
- Make sure you know the address of the facility where the procedure will be performed.
- Please arrive in advance of your scheduled procedure time so you can complete the necessary paperwork.
- Please bring a photo ID.
- Please bring the current insurance card, if applicable.
- If for any reason you need to cancel your procedure, please call your care team at the number provided to you. You must call at least 48 hours in advance to allow other patients to be scheduled for procedures.
Reference- About Your BarrxTM Ablation | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. (n.d.). Www.mskcc.org. https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/patient-education/about-your-barrx-ablation