What to expect after the Manometry Procedure?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Fri, 14 May, 2021 at 8:20 AM
- The results will be sent to the doctor who ordered the examination. Please address with this physician how you will be informed of the findings. During the next scheduled appointment, your health care provider will discuss the results with you.
- You can resume your normal diet, activities, and any medications that were withheld for this test once you move out of the hospital.
- You may feel a temporary soreness in your throat. Gargling with luke-warm water and taking lozenges can be helpful after the removal of the tubes.
- Talk to your physicians for any other questions or concerns.
- Your health care team will advise you to come back in a day with the diary and recorder if you have undergone 24hr pH monitoring.
Reference- Esophageal Manometry Test. (n.d.). Cleveland Clinic. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diagnostics/4952-esophageal-manometry-test