How to prepare for the Esophageal Manometry?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Thu, 24 Jun, 2021 at 6:28 AM
- If you have any other illnesses, heart or lung conditions, or any drug allergies, tell your doctor
- Do not eat or drink anything after 11 pm the night before your procedure
- If you are taking one or more medications below you might have to stop them 1 day before your procedure. Medications include calcium channel blockers, nitrate and nitroglycerin products, motility agents such as metoclopramide (Reglan), erythromycin, or domperidone (Motilium), blood thinners or antiplatelet agents, and sedatives prior to the procedure
- If you are diabetic and on insulin dose may have to be adjusted
On the day of the Procedure
- Make sure you know the address of the facility where the procedure will be performed.
- Please arrive in advance of your scheduled procedure time so you will be able to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Please bring a photo ID.
- Please bring a current insurance card, if applicable.
- If for any reason you need to cancel your procedure, please call your care team at the number provided to you. You must call at least 48 hours in advance to allow other patients to be scheduled for procedures.
Reference- Esophageal Manometry Test. (n.d.). Cleveland Clinic. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diagnostics/4952-esophageal-manometry-test
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.