How to prepare for an implantable loop recorder procedure?
Created by: Team Rx.Health
Modified on: Wed, 6 Oct, 2021 at 6:55 AM
- Follow the instructions of your healthcare team to prepare for this procedure.
- You may need to stop eating or drinking before midnight of your procedure.
- Inform your health care provider of all the medicines, vitamins, supplements that you are taking.
- Your healthcare provider may ask you to stop certain medications a few days before the procedure.
- Your healthcare provider might ask for tests like an ECG before the procedure.
- Bring a picture ID card.
- Bring someone to drive you back home as you might be under the effect of anesthesia and pain medicine.
- In most cases, you will be able to go home on the same day after the procedure.
- Leave your valuables like jewelry at home.
- You may be asked to remove eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures or any similar items for the procedure.
- Take a bath or shower before you come for the procedure. Do not apply lotions, perfumes, deodorants or nail polish after the shower.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself.
Credits- Valley Health System.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.