- The relationship between migraines and CVS is unclear, but many children with CVS experience migraines or have a family history of migraines.
- Chronic marijuana use is also associated with CVS
- Chronic marijuana use leads to a condition called hyperemesis syndrome, which leads to persistent vomiting.
- To rule out hyperemesis syndrome, you must stop using marijuana for at least one to two weeks and observe if the vomiting decreases.
- Additionally, individuals who are prone to get motion sickness are at risk for CVS
Click here to learn more about CVS: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/cyclic-vomiting-syndrome/definition-facts#what